Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kitchen revamp..

My husband and I decided that since we used the majority of our home improvements budget on a new chicago brick circular driveway, we would give our kitchen a mini face lift ourselves. We've become quite the DIYers and figured this was definitely something we could take on. I've been loving the look of open shelves in kitchens for awhile now and knew that was the look I wanted in mine. Here are some pictures from the before and after... We are about 90% complete; soon we will be having honed carrera marble counter tops installed with a breakfast bar extension along the backside of the oven range for more entertaining and seating space.

before

before: doors off to sand/paint

after

after




love my pot rack from crate & barrel


soon we will have honed carrera marble countertops

my muscle aka handy hubby







2 comments:

  1. Hi, love love love your kitchen cabinets. I am such a chicken to repaint mine...but I am dying for white cabinets. Can I ask you what kind of paint you used? I've looked into that chalk paint...ok for furniture but don't think it'll look right on kitchen cabinetry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michele! Thank you for the comments! We used the Valspar brand of paint at Lowes in ultra white primer included satin finish. I'm happy with how they turned out. It did take about 3 coats to get them to how I wanted them to look. Also use a quality paint brush.The only unnecessary step, in my opinion, was taking the doors off to sand them outside. When we put them back on it was slightly difficult to get them aligned perfectly again. Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask anymore questions and I would love to see how your kitchen turns out!

    ReplyDelete