Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wire chairs

creamylife.com

decorpad

domino

designmanifest.blogspot

decopad

elle decor
I have to say that my dear husband has given me the title as "the chair lady"...while I will own up to it 100% ..I can't help but feel that being crowned "the chair lady" isn't a compliment. Nonetheless, my obsession with accent chairs will continue! Currently I'm loving wire chairs. They can be both industrial and romantic at the same time and those are two things in decor I totally dig. The Eames wire chair was introduced in 1951 and was an instant hit.. Harry Bertoia, the Italian sculptor and furniture designer, followed suit with the diamond wire chair in 1952. You can now easily find these style chairs at many home decor stores. Recently I was reading about Keri Russell's Brooklyn home in Elle Decor (last picture)..she's a big fan of ABC home&carpet (my place of bliss) and she found her dining room wire chairs there... Now if only I can find a spot in my house to stick one of those.. I'm on the hunt! happy decorating! xoxo-jennifer bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment