Thursday, November 17, 2011

My dining room..

Don't you just love how a sander and a can of paint can totally transform a piece of furniture? It's a very simple concept and easy enough to achieve; if you put a little time into the project, the possibilities are endless! I was lucky enough to have been given a beautiful dining table and chairs from my father. While I do appreciate a nice piece of dark wood, the color wasn't going to work with my white, white, and more white color scheme. Unfortunately, these are the only decent pictures I could find of the table and chairs before it's makeover..

my daughter enjoying some time under thedining table with holly.

 I ended up painting both table and chairs behr's antique white and distressing them to give a more coastal/cottage vibe them. My husband helped with reupholstering the chairs. I've always had a thing for toile fabric, so I picked a yellow floral print. The china cabinet is my absolute favorite part of my dining room.. I'd been on the hunt for a shabby chic style cabinet for weeks and scored this one for a really reasonable price at a second hand store. Of course, I painted her white and then distressed. I kept the original knobs and pulls because they are so darn pretty I wouldn't dare change them.
before reupholstering chairs



on the hunt for more pottery and teapots to fill 'er up




Right off my dining room I've got a small hallway that was a perfect spot for a small table, lamp, flowers, and my beautiful antique lithograph "southern belle" by Erich Correns.
working on the table for the hallway









No comments:

Post a Comment