Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Open shelving kitchens

via apartment therapy

daniel farmer

house beautiful

via count it all joy

via count it all joy

via kitchen clarity

via decorpad

via a country farmhouse

via restoration house

via decorpad

martha stewart

via decorpad
All of these photos are not just pretty pictures of kitchens.. each shelf can tell story of who lives there, where they may have traveled, and little secrets of their personality all by what is displayed. I love open shelves because they are bright, airy, carefree, but there is also a sense of purpose and organization. There's some debate over whether open shelving in a kitchen is practical or not.. and I wonder what's the fuss? I've recently given my kitchen a face lift..knocked out the upper cabinets and put up simple classic white shelves. I couldn't be happier! Not only does it make my kitchen feel bigger, I've cleaned out a lot of useless clutter that was hiding in the confines of my cabinets. What my family uses daily is up on the shelves and the plastic plates and cups are in the bottom cupboards so they are easily accessible to the kids.. it's a win, win overall! Go on.. your kitchen is dying for a little pick me up! you'll thank me later! happy decorating! xoxo- jennifer bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment