Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My master bedroom..

 Update: 6/1/2012 Master bedroom makeover..

While I enjoyed our gray and white bedroom I was itching to make it a little more romantic. I changed up the bedding and gave my furniture a face lift with the help of some new knobs, paint and the hand sander. I'm super happy with soft textures and the fluffy layers of whites and creams. Dreamy. xoxo -jennifer bianca








Our master bedroom is coming together nicely, but in my mind far from complete. The color palette I chose was to stick with gray and white while adding splashes of black for a little bit of drama. I found this picture online and used it for some inspiration.

via houseinteriordesign.net
I found a great french style cane headboard for a deal at a second hand shop. It was originally green so I gave it a coat of spray paint primer and ultra white spray paint it was just what I envisioned for her! Also, my white night table was from a consignment store and was a dark brown with gold fabric behind the doors. I removed the fabric, sanded, and used my trusty ultra white spray paint. The dresser was from a garage sale and was white with brass pulls..no bueno. I chose to paint it "sparrow" gray by benjamin moore. For the brass pulls, I gave them a bath in black matte spray paint. The white dresser I purchased about 6 years ago at a church yard sale and it was in my daughter's nursery. I originally put pink glass knobs on it from anthropologie..I switched those out for some matte black knobs from home depot that had a cute vintage feel to them.. My ultra handy husband framed in our television to give the room a more polished look. (yes ladies, he hangs all my chandeliers as well! don't be jealous) The cane back chair I painted and reupholstered (you don't want to see the before picture.. it was not pretty. Let's just say I think it hadn't been sat in since the 70's) and the side table was from Home Goods...originally black, so I painted it white and distressed it. 











No comments:

Post a Comment