Monday, November 28, 2011

A new addition...

australian vogue living

I came across this picture back in March and immediately fell in love. We were in the process of buying our new home and I dreamed of having an antique mantel filled with firewood just like this in our new place. I'd even envisioned it's spot in the living room. Needless to say, antique mantels are hard to come by in South Florida, let alone finding one with the aesthetic I was after.. I put the mantel in the back on my mind and continued working on other projects around the house for the last few months....

I have mentioned before and I'll say it again, I've got an amazing husband.. He knows me so well..sometimes even better than I know myself.  When he surprised me this weekend with my birthday present I was overcome with happiness and joy.. however, not surprised.. because really, he always knows exactly what I want..
my "new" reclaimed antique mantel


i love all the wood work details




I've played around with things to put on the mantel and I'm sure I'll change them a dozen times in the next month.. however, this is what she looks like for now. After I post this blog I'll go sit in my living room while I stare at my new mantel over a cup of tea.. ahhh.. I'm in love! cheers to my wonderful hubby!  xoxo - jennifer bianca




1 comment:

  1. wow~ looks almost exactly like the one in the original picture! Go hubby! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete